04 August 2012

It's only been 3 years!

I know, I know. Three years is much too long to go between blog posts.  I am a procrastinator and besides, I have been busy raising my three kids and a brood of high school girls.  When I started this blog three years ago, I felt the need to share my story of trusting in God on a daily basis, through great days, horrible days, and all the ordinary days in betweeen.  Shortly after completing just a few posts, Daniel and I were just at the beginning of what ended up being a two-year-long process of surviving the most difficult times of houseparenting that we have encountered so far.  It was exhausting, both physically and emotionally.  Our family of five was ill for several months.  Some days, it was all I could do to muster up the energy to get out of bed, knowing that I would be walking back into a war zone. My emotions during those two years ranged from thanking God for His provision to hating Him for ever calling me to work with high school girls.  I reflected often on the process of Him working in our hearts and lives in order to bring us to this place.  I journaled, but only in my private notebooks, not on the web for all the world to see.  Someday, I will share what I am able to from those two years.  Someday, but not today. For now, it will be good to hit the "Publish" button and take the first step towards finishing what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment